Have diabetes taking cetapin. Tested for FBS, PPBS, SGPT deranged. Medicine causing derangement?

I am a Diabetic suffering from the same since 2007. My FBS was as high as 270 at times. i was advised Cetapin XR 500 mg. Last week i underwent a medical test wherein my FBS was 150 and PP was 155. Further, I had an elevated level of SGPT in the LFTi.e. 62. I consume alcohol socially maybe once a month or twice at the max. This is the first time i have had a deranged SGPT level. Iss there a possibility of the medicine being the cause of elevated SGPT.Further would you say this is controlled sugar level or do I need to work arund it even more??
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013