Have diabetes and ulcer on tonsil, taken antibiotics and mouth wash. Throat obstruction. Second opinion?

Hi my mum is 65 and just been diagnosed with diabetes . On top of this she has had an ulcer on her tonsil for about 5 weeks. She has been on a course of antibiotics and used mouth wash. This has not helped at all. She says it is like a fish bone is stuck in her throat , the dr took a swap and it came back normal. He has given her something to help thrush, however, my mum isn t convinced it s that and is worrying like mad. The dr told her that ulcers are associated with diabetes - but we ve never heard of them being on the tonsils. Should she go for a second opinion? Or is there a natural remedy she could try? She has smoked and drank most of her life. Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jul 2012