Have diabetes and high BP. Kidney sonography normal. Is stress test necessary?

I am 50 yrs old working lady having diabetes and high BP for past 15-16 yrs. Last 4-5 months both sugar level and BP was on higher side which was noticed when blood started leaking from eye. now both under control, taking Zoril 3 mg twice for diabetes and Lotensyl AT twice and Telma 8 mg once. ECG , 2D Echo, CT scan of brain, kidney sonography and kidney doppler tests are normal, still dr advised to do stress test, is it necessary ? Pl tell me what are the side effects of the medicines which i am taking presently ?
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012
Prevalence of macro vascular complications like coronary artery disease is much higher in diabetics and that too uncontrolled with uncontrolled hypertension.Both of these problems result in increased atherosclerosis,which is the basic cause for coronary artery and other macro vascular complications.
You must definitely get a stress test done.
The medicines you are using are very good and you should not worry Amy thing about their side effects.
The most important thing for you is to control your diabetes and blood pressure meticulously,as uncontrolled diabetes and BP shall cause much more damage to you rather than any of these medicines.