Have diabetes and cholesterol. On medication and diet containing nuts, and pulses. Is that fine?

hi i am 34 detected high cholestrol level total cholestrol 251 as per march 1, 2013. im also diabetic and my nutritionist and dietetian has prescribed evion 600 mg per day along with calcium citrate nitrate tablets (2 per day) and celine 500mg for vitamin c with a special diet chart of quaker oats for morninga nd evening breakfast and hand ful of any nuts for mid morning breakfast and for lunch and dinner culiflower cabbage and mix pulses (moong, kala channa, small kdney beans) is it all ok and safe in my case??
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013