Have diabetes and BP. Taking Cremeffin. Bloating, loose motion, stomach discomfort

i am 82 yrs old ...have daibetis and bp from past #0 yrs ...all under control and have medication for bp and insulin twice a day>>> i have cremeffin for constipation from last 8 yrs...... my problem is am geeting stomach problems in gases., bloating stomach infection loose motions and unconfortable in my tummy all the time and its bothering me>>> my tests of stomach are all ok >>>mrs sahu
my id is YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013

Thank you for the query.

It is better to find out the reason of constipation before any medicine usage. At your age, such chronic constipation along with bloating, stomach problems, loose motions can indicate colon cancer. And this is the first condition which should be ruled out. To do that colonoscopy is advisable.
Other reasons of constipation are diet (low fiber products and low mineral water intake), thyroid disease, medicines (Ca-blockers, antidepresants), chronic bacterial infection.
Only after ruling all possible reasons of constipation, stool softeners can be used.

Hope this will help.