Have diabetes. Should I extract all teeth together? Scared about healing and anesthesia due to diabetes

I m 67 years old male. I have diabetes and am taking 2 500 mg pills of metroformin a day for about 2 months. My dentist suggested me to extract all my teeth - 18 (eighteen) of them including 4 wisdom teeth - in a single operation and next put denture , next after healing put 8 implants (2 up, 6 lower), next make a permanent bridge on lower jaw supported by 6 implant and removable denture in upper jaw supported by 2 implants. Of course I am scared, and don t know how my diabetes can affect healing and how anestesia medication will affect the diabetes. Should I extract all teeth on one time? I will definitely appreciate very much any opinion and suggestions. Thank you so much for your time and consideration. Regards, Edward
Asked On : Sat, 1 Sep 2012