Have diabetes. Prescribed Cypon syrup to gain weight. Will this elevate sugar level?

Hello am a diabetic.Now its 94 n 98 fasting and pp respectively and hba1c is 6.2.Have been very strict with diet since detection.My diebatologist advised me not to be phobic about food.Have lost around 10kg in an year.Now have been asked by gyno to increase weight.My age is 36,height is 158cm.I have been prescribed cypon syrup to gain weight one teaspoon a day during night.But will this elevate my sugar level?.Thx.
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012