Have diabetes. Medicine changed from Glynase to Glycomet. No effect yet

Hi Sir, My father is of 63 yrs having diabetes of 17 yrs. The sugar level was in control for first 7- 8 yrs without medicine by controlling the diet only..There after he started taking one Glynase-XL- 5 mg in a day once for 8 yrs as doctor prescribed. The sugar level was in absolutely normal (80 to 140 ). But recently we have been noticing that it s frequently getting fluctuated till 120 to 220 with taking that medicine. Currently the doctor changed the medicine to Glycomet 1000 mg once in a day. After having that around 15 days there is no action is getting noticed. My father goes for a walk every day around three kms. The sugar level is at 225 pp. I are very much worried about my father s health...please advice
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012