Have diabetes. Fainting episode, feeling tired. Reason?

Hello DOc, thanks for taking the time to talk to me ..
I am 56 years old, female .. wlaks regularly on an average of 4 miles everyday ..
Yetserday While I was just coming out of a train station, after barely taking a few steps, suddenly realized I am falling down, with a momentary balckout, on my back -with my legs straight, and two hands streched in both sides..
felt overwhelmigly tired.., but was able to be back on my feet with help by walkersby, and went home.
in about 30-40 minutes time was on my feet again and walked 6 miles..
Worried why this happened all of a sudden.. I am diabetic, and my glocose was 170 when I fell down -- I just had finished eating a big apple a few minutes ago .. any help / precaustion / next steps appreciated..
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013