Have depression, cognitive impairment. Taking Fludac, Veniz, Sertraline and Clomipromine. Help

hello doctor! i am from india suffering from depression for the past 10 yrs i do know how to classify according to medical terms but in my view i m suffering from moderate to severe depression. have frustrating cognitive impairment and i have taken medicines for the past 10 yrs ranging from fludac, veniz xr 75,sertaline, clomipromine but in vain pls help
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012
There can be many reasons for not responding to medication. I don't know your complete history so can only mention probable cause and you need to figure out which one you are having.
One is you may be misdiagnosed and you may be having more than just depression. A combination of depression and personality disorder or bipolar disorder.
Secondly you did not comply to treatment as advices and thus you develop resistance to treatment
Thirdly you may have not persisted with one doctor and every new doctor advices you new treatment and you never took treatment in adequate doses and duration
Fourt you may have needed augmentation treatment which your psychiatrist did not try
Fifth you may have additional medical illness like thyroid problem or any other endocrine disorder or any other medication which interfere with antidepressants
Sixth you may have some personal stressor which is persistant over these years and you dont have any eascape from it, which remain the main reason of your problem and you are not able to get releived