Have degenerative disc disease, overweight. Having back pain. What could be causing this?

Hi. For the last few weeks, I ve noticed a pain in the right side of my back. It is a dull pain that intensifies if I bend at the waist or breathe deeply. While I have degenerative disc disease in my lower back, I ve never had issues with my mid or upper back. I m 34 years old and relatively overweight - 30-40 lbs., but no one would refer to me as fat. I don t smoke and I only drink socially. I m a pretty big worrier as my mother and father both passed away before 60 - mother of lung cancer and father of heart attack. I know I should see a doctor, but can you give me some ideas what this could be? Thanks you, Chris
Asked On : Fri, 27 Apr 2012