Have deformity in big toe post surgery for fractured tibial bone. How to get normal foot?

I am a 21 year old male, I met with an accident when I was around 17 years and I completely fractured my left tibial bone. Upon surgery a titanium rod was inserted to support and realign my tibia and about a month later I could already put weight on my leg, 3 months later when the top screw was removed I could even play football with the rod still in my leg although I experienced slight difficulties, A year later when the rod was removed my leg returned to normal condition and I could do whatever I pleased, including play football, run, and go to the gym.
Everything seemed alright except for my great toe which had a deformity post surgery, I looked it up and It was called checkrein deformity.
this greatly affects my leg and I want it gone.
how do I get my foot back to normal?
will i ever get complete control of my foot again?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013