Have dark discoloration patch between shoulder blades. Have gained weight. Reason?

I have had a dark discoloration patch between my shoulder blades for over a year and have noticed it getting slightly bigger. I ve had a 25 pound weight gain over the past 2 yrs, I was just told I was pre diabetic. I m changing my eating habits and working out but I m concerned about what the dark patch discoloration is on my back ? I ve heard of obese people having this and it being a sign of an underlying issue as well?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013