Have cystic ovary. Taking medicine to get periods on time. Is this a serious problem?

hello. i m 22 years old. i dont get my periods on time. i tuk medicine and i got my periods now . but the cycle was 30 days long. i consulted the doctor and i did ultrasound scanning twice. doctor interpreted that i ve multi cystic ovary . what does it mean? also she said that i m nt producing dominant eggs . i m so tensed on hearing that, i need more info regarding this, is this a serious problem. ?? do i require any further treatment.? also my physician asked me to do some thyroid test as well. will all that be enough? kindly waiting for your valuable reply. do help me with my query !! thnkyou.
Asked On : Sat, 14 Apr 2012