Have crooked fingers since birth, passed to daughter. What can help them?

I was born with crooked fingers on both hands. Use to I couldnt makea fist with either hand. I now can with my right hand as I am right handed I do believe the dr. said at a young age I wasshort a tndon or ligament in these fingers. I grew up with ids making fun of me and now at 49 the making fun at has started again as I think they r getting worse. I have always worked and never felt as thou I had a handicap. I am 49 yrs old. I have no nuckle prints on the fingers affected at birth and my daughter was born with same fingers the same way. The Drs tell my Dr she has CMT. Not many Dr. know what this is. However said she would b in a wheelchair in 5 yrs which they were wrong. we both hurt from time to time and its getting worse . Whaat could this be?
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012
Rheumatologist 's  Response
Hi ! thanks for the query in HMC.
what about little fingers of both of you ? are they Crooked ? yes! there are conditions called "Camptodactyly & Clinodactyly" which are associated with Hereditary. You can consult with Orthopaedicians for the same.
take care..