Have cramping, nausea, mirena iud fallen, had periods from light discharge to heavy bleeding with clots. Normal?

I have the mirena iud (for almost 3 years now). I have not had a regular menstrual cycle in almost 2 years. 2 weeks ago I had an extremely light discharge for 4-5 days. Then 2 days ago I started having a dark red discharge yesterday it got heavier and it had several large blood clots in it. Then about an hour ago I discovered that my mirena has fallen out. Now I am cramping and feel nauseous and appear to be lightly bleeding fresh blood. Is that normal when an IUD falls out? And I plan to call my OBGYN on Monday, should I seek medical attention sooner? Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013