Have cough, spit blood, chest pain. Have bronchiole tubes hardening due to smoking, x-ray shows bronchitis changes. Cancer?

My chest x-ray came back abnormal showing changes in bronchitis. I was told that my smoking has caused my bronchiole tubes to show signs of hardening and that I should consider quitting smoking. I'm all for it, however with that said, is the damage done? could it be a sign of cancer beginning? I cough alot and have spit blood up before and I have severe pain around the front of my chest around to my back in the lung area especially on right side.I'm really starting to get concerned. And somewhat scared!
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013