Have cough producing yellow phlegm, no fever. Medication?

I have had a cough producing phlegm for the last 4 weeks or so. I am a first year teacher so have had a number of colds already this year. I visited the doctor two weeks ago and explained I was coughing yellowish phlegm and may have had a slight fever. He asked a few questions and listened to my chest through my clothing then said I would have to wait it out. He didn't check my temp or provide medication. I don't want to waste another $40 for him to say the same thing again so am checking here. I am generally feeling ok and don't think I have a fever.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013
from history it seems that you might be having allergic bronchitis giving this problem since long.
There is a possibility of having mixed infection as well.
Go for higher antibiotic medicine course for 5-7 days.
Take some cough suppressant syrup as well.
If needed go for x-ray chest and CBC.
Ok and take care.