Have copper coil. Missed period, tender abdomen, cramps. What is wrong? Negative pregnancy test

Hi, I am currently have the copper coil fitted. I am 23 with no kids although want them when I am older. I have had the coil fitted for over 6 months now and my periods have been normal (albeit a lot heavier and painful!!) for the past 2 months or so, I have missed my period and have a tender abdominal and constant cramping. What could be wrong? I should also point out that I had a pregnancy test when I first missed my period and it was negative. I am engaged, only have 1 sexual partner for over 5 years and have no STD s (have been tested).
Asked On : Sun, 18 Nov 2012