Have copper coil. Experienced brown discharge. Had sex. Why cramps and tiredness?

I have a copper coil, this month I experience early brown discharge for 2 days. It started again after I had sex with hubby. Last Sunday I had cramps and all of the sudden, a dark small clots and blood. It only came off for 2 hrs. Went to the doctors, she checked saying that the copper is in place. I feel tired, my breast are not swollen but my stomach is bloated and my belly button is out. What could that be?
Asked On : Sun, 30 Sep 2012
Perhaps your period is due to come and the symptoms you are experiencing are due to hormonal effects. Though you had your coil checked by doctors, it is also advisable if you can get a sonogram to see if everything is fine. Pregnancy chances though less with a coil, have also to be ruled out. I suggest that you see a gynecologist for evaluation and management. Take care.