Have continuous bleeding after intercourse. What should be done?

Hi, I've had a friend call me with the following problem and they don't know what to do or how bad it is.
During sex they have heard a popping noise a few seconds later as he has pulled out he has seen blood. By the time he has gone to the ensuit he has had a hand full of blood that was comming from the tip (no cuts) aprox 1.5hrs later there is now small amounts of blood still coming out. It's 2am here in Australia and he doesn't want to go to the hospital emergency room if he can just wait till tomorrow and see the doctor. Also my friend is worried about having blood inside her aswell. And what sort of tests she needs.

Would live your help.

Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013