Have constipation and acid reflux. Have a mesh surgery due to pain?

I visited an gastroentrologist to get an egd and colonoscopy due to my acid reflux and constipation . Everything checked out fine. However, I do have an umilical hernia which purstrudes when I eat and gets tender to the touch. The gastroentrologist said not to worry about it unless it gets bigger or starts hurting. He said at that point, I should speak with my primary care provider and a surgion. Well, with it hurting, I think I should have the mesh surgery. I thought the gastroentrologist was supposed to cover this type of procedure. What type of Dr should I speak with in order to schedule this type of surgery? Thank you in advance.
Asked On : Fri, 14 Sep 2012