Have constipation. Very painful to pass stool. What to do to reduce pain?

Please help. I am an adult, eat well and exercise. I had constipation today 4-3-13 and held it, so that it would not hurt. I also had it last Sunday, and made it through, but it was painful. When I discovered the problem today, I ate some prunes this afternoon. What can I do to lessen the pain when I go? I am holding it and do not want pain. I can use a Fleets insert with glycerine, but these also have an ingredient that forces you to go very quickly and it is painful. My question is, what else can I use to lessen the pain?? Oil or insert water?? Gloves? My hope is that it is not so impacted and painful, and can be softened and come out more easily. I need something for the remedy today, because the problem started this morning and was significant. Later on, I will take fiber and do more prunes, I read this. What do you recommend for making this easier as I am in need of some relief? Thank you!
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013