Have connective tissue disease. Joint pain, asthma, malaise. Taking Prednisone. Will Plaquenil help?

I have recently been diagnosed with unclassified connective tissue disease more than likely lupus based on a slightly high RNP, symptoms slight joint pain, major malaise , uncontrollable asthma, frequently ill and progressive over past 4 years. I am overwhelmed by being sick and the general diagnosis. I am to start Plaquenil and an NSAID once my asthma is under control. I am on high doses of Prednisone and have been branded critical with my lungs right now. I am just wanting to know what I am in for, are the lungs really related, and how is the Plaquenil really going to help? I am on info overload many friends telling what to eat not eat and to stay sedentary and not exercise. Just want an second physician to give me a lamens view??????
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013