Have cold virus, cough, exhaustion, experiencing heart palpitations, anxiety. Is it hormone fluxation?

Hi I am a 43 year old woman = 5 4 - 110 pounds. I semi-recovered from a cold virus about 3 weeks ago and now have a nagging cough and am exhausted. I also feel very anxious and have been experiencing heart palpitations more than usual. I have tested positive for mono in the past. About 4 months ago I passed out after lunch. I have been feeling faint on an on-going basis whether sitting or standing. I had a heart monitor about 8 years ago when I was experiencing the same kind of anxiety and heart palpitations. The test results were normal. When I asked my doctor what she thought of the fainting she suggested that it might be hormone fluxuations. I am thinking it is neurological, psychiatric or cardiac. Can anyone shed some light?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013