Have cold sores on lips, nostrils, have hashimoto's disease and bipolar disorder. Suggest?

Hi, thanks for your time. Any attention you can give this is greatly appreciated. I have been getting cold sores since I was a baby, and I am now 32 years old. My cold sores have suddenly increased in frequency during the past year or so from about 4 times a year to being chronic. They are no longer isolated to only my lip, sometimes appearing under a nostril . I originally got them only on one side of my lip. Now I get them on both sides, occasionally the bottom lip as well, and may experience several outbreaks recurrently. When one has nearly healed, if under great stress or if I have a cold, another will start to appear in its place. I am wondering which type of specialist to consult about taking an oral tablet/capsule for the first time, since creams alone are not sufficient or practical in this case. I have hashimoto s disease and bipolar disorder , and take medications for both, so I don t know if I can see my endocrinologist whose practice also deals with immunology in order to address this.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013