Have cold, runny nose and irritated throat. Should I continue Clarithromycin?

Hi. I had a cold ( cough , headache , ears hurting sore throat and now runny nose) since Saturday, for a few days. I saw my doctor on Wednesday and he prescribed me Clarithromycin and advised I take it after 2 days, if I still have symptoms. Currently, I have a runny nose. I also have an irritated throat, where I can feel a couple tonsil stones lodged in the back, which I can t get to - tried everything even warm salt water. Due to the tonsil stones being lodged, I keep coughing hard - to get them out - and my throat sometimes feels sore because of the pressure. I was wondering if I could still take Clarithromycin now - even though the only problem I have is those couple tonsil stones and a runny nose. I have had tonsillitis twice in the past, and have had tonsil stones a few times in the past. Thanks.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013