Have closed cervix, menopausal, thickened cervix wall. Taking estrogen. Cervical cancer?

Hi my name is Cathy. I am 66 and through menopause . I have a closed cervix . I had been taking either estrogten or progesterin. I m not sure which. I only took one or the other not both. When my doctor found out she said that could cause cerivcal cancer. Since my cervix is closed she couldn t get an instrument into my cervix to do a pap smear . So, I had a pelvic ultra sound . She said that the wall of my cervix was only slightly thick. So, I had a surgical proceedure in a hospital to open my cervix to be sure it was not cancerous or precancerous. My cervix was too tight to open. So In a year I had another pelvic ultrasound done, and it showed my cervix wall was even just a little more thickened. I don t want a hystorectomy done when they don t know if anything is wrong. what do I do now?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013