Have chronic tonsillitis. Have craters and scars on skin. Why is tonsil touching uvula?

I have chronic tonsillitis and usually know what to expect. After 4 or so years of this, I know I need surgery and plan to do it as soon as possible. In the meantime many craters and scars have formed as a result of the numerous infections. This time, this weeks infection was one of the less severe ones pain wise, however it resulted in an intire strand of tonsil tissue sticking out/hanging off the side of my tonsil and remains attached. It is touching my uvula and the roof of my mouth and thankfully I don t have a bad gag reflex. What immediate remedy can I seek? Please help.
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012