Have chronic renal failure, congestive heart failure, hypertension, hyperglycemia and chronic severe anemia. Go for EPO?

my uncle is 70+ years old, he is having chronic renal failure + congestive heart failure+ hypertension+ hyperglycemia and chronic severe anemia . His Hgb is less than 7.0, we always to infuse him with 4-5 pints of blood every month. I have heard about EPO, that I can reduce his dependability on blood transfusion . if so what dose you do recommend plus what type of antihypertensive group or combination of groups he must be using for long term. also what would be standard medications for such patient as I don t think his doctor is treating him good.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013