Have chronic pancreatitis and had an EUS. Arm become hot after anesthesia. Is there any blood clot?

My husband has chronic pancreatitis and had an EUS on Thursday with total anestisa Now his left arm is very hot to the touch and red. The heat and redness have been spreading gup Plz say some prayers. Chris driving self to ER cuz his arm VERY hot! On call dr said to put hot compress on it, if the heat/redness move, then to get to we cuz possibility of a blood clot. I ll keep u updated. arm and into his chest . Is it a blood clot? How are clots treated?
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM. thanks for the query.
It may b eclot and in most cases it is treated by takong anticoagulants or heparine/clexane. It can be svere if there is pain in arm, tingling and difficulties in movements. If there is only heat then it can be beginning of thrombophlebitis or it can pass spontaneously. At this point you should follow doctors recommendations and if some of these signs I ve mentione doccur,you need to visit doctor ASAP. Wish you good health. Regards