Have chronic constipation. Weight gain, abdominal burning, feeling full

Hi, I am a 26 year old female with chronic constipation problems. It is genetic as far as I can tell, but for some reason the last six months I have been experiencing problems I have never had before. One of them being burning, all over. Inability to stomach more than a sip of alcohol, getting physically ill when I eat pasta with either cream or red sauce. I have gained weight and was checked for a thyroid problem and for liver problems, but have neither. I asked my doctor if I might have some sort of allergy or intolerance and she assured me that this was impossible because if I had an intolerance I would have diarrhea NOT constipation. The abdominal burning and pain the constant feeling of bodily fullness combined with an irrational need to eat when the pain is at its worst wake me up in the middle of the night and leave me lethargic all day long. It has been really scary.
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013
Hello Good Evening,

This seems to be peptic (gastric or duodenal) ulcers, which may cause burning, nausea or even vomiting.
Peptic ulcers can cause pain and burning constantly, which may reduce by eating something, so you have an irrational need to eat.
You should go for a UGI endoscopy to rule out peptic ulcers.

You are also suffered from bloating, which may cause constipation due to decreased bowel movements and constipation may also caused bloating.

There are many causes of bloating, including: diet, irritable bowel syndrome, lactose intolerance, re flux, and constipation and some more.

Gas and bloating is a sign that food is not being digested correctly by the body. An inadequate intake of water will cause excessive stomach bloating.

Water benefits the body by aiding with digestion because it supports a majority of the body's daily functions.

Fatty foods cause a formation of fat cells to develop throughout the body and contribute to bloating as well. A build up of fat cells slows down the body's ability to empty the stomach.

Dairy products also contribute to excessive cramps, gas, and bloating.
Persons who are intolerant to lactose products experience this effect more than others.

Following steps should follows to lessen the bloating:

-Walk after eating a meal.
-Avoid coffee and chocolates.
-Avoid Meals that are high in fat.
-Avoid extremely hot or cold food.
-Avoid bubble gum or bubbly beverages.
-Avoid alcohol and smoking

If needed then medication should be included antacids, PPI, digestive enzymes and some laxatives.

Dr. Naresh Jain.