Have chest pain when I swallow. Have heartburn. Could it be Ulcer or Esophageal cancer?

Hi. I have pain in my chest on the right side when I swallow . This has happened twice in the past 3 months. I have been dealing with severe heart burn for sometime. I eat tums everyday & sometimes doesnt seen to help. The first time it happened my chest hurt for a few days & I had eatin ham. YESTERDAY was the second time & this has happened & I had eatin cornbread & it hurts when I swallow food next to my right breast & I have eatin a roll of tums & still have heart burn. Its a bit scary. Whats the difference between an ulcer & esophageal cancer .
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013