Have chest pain, jaw. No medication and medical history. Is it a serious problem?

It;s my husband who has the problem. For a few weeks he has been getting some chest pain when he walked outside, he also had some pain in his jaw. He has angina, but the cardiologist tested him and told him that he had good oxygen levels and not much change since 2002. He even got pain upon getting up out of bed. Of course he is anxious because he is worried about a heart attack. He has a bad family history of heart problens. He doesn't see his cardiologist until May 26. The pain does not last for a long time, as he has been using his Nitro. What is your opinion, should he go to the emergency hospital even if his pain has subsided?
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013