Have chest pain during swallowing of food. Muscle pull? Serious? Should I consult doctor?

My 14 year old son has chest pains only on right side from middle of chest to armpit. He says the pain is severe when swallowing any food or drinks. He is not over weight and is very healthy. He states the pain is not in his throat like you would get with acid reflux. It's more in his chest muscle. I don't know if it's just from a pulled muscle and with time it will get better or should I be taking this more serious and take him to the E.R
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013