Have chest and leg pain. Diagnosed as Sciatica. Could I have heart problems?

I have chest pains that I have always thought was acid/idigestion and a pain in my leg which was told was sciatica . My father has angina and someone I know has just had a stroke following a pain in his leg just like mine....could I have heart problems/ Each time I go to the doctor (which I admit is rarely as all they do is prescribe painkillersof gaviscon) I tell them what I thin k is wrong and they give me medication ....should I go in and ask for tests or is it probably nothing? Steven Hardcastle aged 49 years.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013