Have change of color of skin near the wound. Had a fall earlier. Used neosporin and bandages. What is it?

Hi, I took a spill on my bicycle and got some road rash on my elbow a week ago. I cleaned it immediately and covered it with neosporin and a nonadhesive bandage. It seemed to be healing pretty well. I regularly cleaned it and changed the dressing. the outer edges were healing, while there are some inner spots that were deeper and are clearly going to take a while to heal. However, the outer edges have suddenly turned into red blisters. These concern me. I heard that many people are allergic to neosporin so I stopped using it and switched to Bacitraycin. Should I just continue to give it more time, or am I treating this all wrong?
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013