Have cervical spondylosis, neck pain, headache. Taking Tegretol and Tramadol. Need help

Hi Doc i have been diagnosed with cervical spondolisis,major neck pain ,headaches,even back & breast pain. Multiple degeneration in several discs.I get numbness in my arms & hands too,hardly sleep at night. The Specialist refuses to operate,says it won t help,i have arthritis in my neck.Gets very stiff,i do exercise and get a weekly neck & shoulder massage which offers temporary relief.When i walk i can feel the grinding of the joints together.I ran for 25 years with major falls too.I take Tegretol and Tramadol, no relief from pain. The Doctor has also slapped me onto an Anti- Depressant Citalopram .Can you please advise me further. Thank you Cheryl Karp 58 years young!
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013