Have cervical disc issue, disc herniation, vertebrae shows alignment, posterior sequesteral disc herniation. Help?

Hi Dr.Samuel ,
My name is Abbas Zainudin from Malaysia . I would like to seek your opinion regarding my cervical disc problem .
Based on the MRI report dated 28may2009 ,A moderate size left posterior lateral disc herniation is noted at C5/6 and there is a slight narrowing of the C4/5 and C5/6 disc heights . The vertebrae shows normal alignment .
C5 vertrebral body shows slight increased in signal in T2 and T2* GR scan but isointense in the T1W scan . There is no abnormal enhancement . The vertrebrae do not show any collapse . The cord is of normal appearances .
The other lateral foraminae do not show any narrowing .
Conclusion : I have had my left C5/6 posterior lateral sequesteral disc herniation and signal changes in C5 vertebral body id probably related to marrow infiltration.
Fyi , no surgery was done only medication and physio .

On (23jan2013) a recurrent mild disc degenerative changes are noted in the cervical intervertebral disc with reduced disc space at C4 C5 . Mild bulges are seen at C4/5 , C5/6 and C6/7 levels. These does not cause
significant spinal stenosis . The cervical cord is normal and the cranio cervical jonction is normal .
Conclusion : Cervical spondylosis with mild disc bulges.

I was on a medical leave till todate(11apr13) due my left hand still numbness and weak , the doctor noted that
the signal was more on C6/7 . On (12mar13) my doctor adviced me for a surgery but till now I am thinking of the risk.

I am looking forward for your prompt reply and advice .(Should or shouldnt I do the surgery)

Thank you vry much
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013