Have canker sore, used hydrogen peroxide. Should I use cotton to buffet between sore and teeth?

I developed a canker sore on Sunday and it s been bothering me ever since. I ve come to the conclusion that it s been caused by my left canine tooth as it perfectly rests ontop of the sore when my mouth is closed. I ve been using a lot of Hydrogen Peroxide and Salt Water mouth wash to cleanse it but i m more concerned with its constant brushing against my canine and other teeth . Should I be using cotton to act as a buffet between it and my teeth? I ve been trying as much but it seems to soak up a lot of my saliva rather quickly. I also heard I shouldn t keep it dry because salvia helps too? At any rate i d appreciate as much advice as possible. Eating and brushing my teeth have become chores this week.
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012