Have callus due to playing drums, redness, peeling. Why does it not go away?

Hello, I started playing drums in October of 2011. I played hard and often and without gloves. I developed what seems to be a callus on both of my hands, mainly my right hand. The areas where the drum sticks rubbed against are red and have not stopped peeling since February. I haven t played the drums at all since February either. If it was just a callus, wouldn t it have gone away by now? It s been 7 months. It s incredibly frustrating. I ve been to the dermatologist twice and have been prescribed a steroid cream and also a cream for fungus. Nothing has helped. And now I m supposed to go for biopsy . Is there anyone out there who could possibly help shed some light? I appreciate your time very much. Thank you!
Asked On : Sun, 16 Sep 2012