Have burns on skin after applying anti acne cream. Taking Sepguard gel. Healing time?

Hello Sir, I am depressed . please answer my query. I got few pimples on my skin and i applied a VLCC anti acne crem on my pimples for 2 - 3 nights. However I think it burnt my skin. the places where i had applied the cream has become thin scaly and pinking dark in colour. THERE IS NO ITCHING. I am applying sepgurad gel(feracrylum gel) and have been prescribed Vozet tablet by a doctor. However this does not seem to work. There has been some improvment since last one week but not very significant. I just want to ensure if i am taking the right medication . and how long will it take to cure this.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013