Have burning urination, urine test shows acidic urine, red blood cells and pus cells. Had urethral stricture operation

I have been recently operated for uretheral stricture. I am also having regular dilation being done. I am taking regularly cran-pack capsules. During my routine examination of urine it has been that my urine is acidic and hasd 1-2/hpf red blood cells, pus cells are 1-2/hpf. Since a few days I am having burning sensation while passing urine
Asked On : Wed, 15 Aug 2012
Hello and thanks for the query
Burning sensation is usually a common problem after regular dilation. As your report says their is no infection but slight blood cells only. So no need to worry. Just you need a alkalizer and drink plenty of water.
During dilation procedure we need to flush the track and drinking more water and doing more urine is the safest procedure. So drink more water and have alkalizer for quick relief.
But if pus cell and RBC increases in urine report than consult your doctor for the reason and treatment.
Best Wishes
General & Family Physician Dr. Harish Naik's  Response
Welcome to HCM.

It will better if you go for urine culture and sensitivity to find out which organism is responsible.

As your urine routine is fine, i think the pain might be due to the stricture, so i advice you to discuss with the consulting urologist

Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.