Have burning sensation in lungs and throat. Inhaled fumes from thinner. What to do?

I used paint thinner to clean a sloppy paint can and it's lid last Wednesday. Unfortunately it was in a small enclosed area without ventilation, and I was cleaning them in a bucket which focused the fumes toward my face. That night my lungs and throat burnt badly, and I did not sleep much. I lost my voice the following day, the pain continued, and I began coughing up yellow stuff. Two days later I began to have clear nasal discharge (Friday), then on Sunday night the nasal discharge turned yellow. I am certain I caused a some type of damage to my throat and lungs by not using the paint thinner outside or in a ventilated area, but is it possible that the damage made me susceptible to another respiratory infection or could the other effects be caused by the paint thinner fumes also?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013