Have burning feeling on testicle. Diagnosed as Epididymitis. On 2 months medication. Is this normal?

I went to a Uroligist last week because I had a burning feeling in my left testicle . I was freaked out about a STD . I wnt to the local health department and did a urine test for Clamidia and Gonorea. Sorry about the spelling. It came back negative. Doctor felt of my testicle and rectum and diagmosed me with Epidimitis, Again sorry about spelling,,,, He prescribed 500 MG of Cipro and 500 MG of Keflex 2 x per day for two months, Is this normal? is two months too long?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013