Have burn like area on hip. Increased on applying lotion. Advice?

I have an irritation located on my right waistline area above my hip bone , about the size of the palm of my hand . There s no rash or bumps, when I press on the area there is no pain. But it feels like horrible rug burn when I run my fingers gently over it and when I applied lotion it created a greater burning sensation. So I m not sure if it could be period related (I m a 23 year old female), or if its an internal problem caused by an inflamed organ or if it is in fact just skin related eventhogh there is no signs. This worrys me, but without insurance or any real pain I feel as though it might be too tedious to get checked out. So it s greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013