Have bumps below eye. Used adaferin gel and retinol-a, diagnosed as syringomas. Alternate medicine?

Hi Dr, I have small bumps below my eyes, and this looks more prominent when i dont have a sound sleep. iam Student and need to study for longer times, so this problem always persists. i used certain gels like Adaferin & later Retionl-A. Dr says they are syringomas, and the ointments should be applied for 6-12 months. Is there any remedy for this at all in any of the AYUSH or allopathy . If i will be really thankful if you can provide me. Bharathi
Asked On : Tue, 5 Jun 2012

You are right. You may be having syringoma. It is a skin tumor of of sweat glands ducts. Exact cause is not known. There are papular lesions on the face in bunch.they are skin colored and asymptomatic. They are mostly occur below the eyes on the face. The disease is benign.

Best treatment is electrocautery or laser therapy. There may be mild scars after healing. And the lesions might relapse. The treatment may be done again similarly.

However, in some patients retinoic acid gel or adapalene gel may improve the lesions,but takes long you are using.

So, consult dermatologist and have proper treatment.

I hope you got my answer.

Dr. Ilyas Payel MD