Have bump on head, blood blowing nose from left nostril, after accident. What to do?

Hello, I was in a car accident 2 day's ago. My daughter and I banged heads, and as a result I have a bump on the left side of my head. I did not think much of this, till the next morning when I blew my nose there was blood mixed in with the mucus. This morning there was blood again, not a whole lot, but it does have my concern especially since it also seems to be from the left side of my nose only. What should I do? thank you, Femmy
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hello there,
If there was no nasal bleed immediately and has occurred twice and that both the time in the morning while blowing the nose. This does not seem to be serious. Only thing I would advise not to blow your nose for few days and that the blood will stop by its own. Watch for severe headache, watery discharge from nose( rhinorea), blurring of vision and weakness of one side of hand or leg. If any of these occur report immediately to casualty.
Thanks and be careful.