Have bulimic and blood in vomit. Is there anything to worry ?

I have bulimia and I ve recently been having blood come up in my vomit - it s not much but enough to see. It s bring red and stringy looking. I m hoping it just because purging has damaged my throat a little. Is this right?
Asked On : Wed, 23 Mar 2011

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

You must be having what is called Mallory Weiss syndrome.It is nothing but due to repeated vomiting there is a tear in mucosa of your stomach lining and so bleeding appears in vomiting.As you say you have Bulimia , you should visit your Gastroenterologist for endoscopy to rule out Hiatus hernia which is bulging of stomach into oesophageal area.