Have bruise on penis by squeezing urine out. Have Prostatitis. No pain. Cure?

my husband is 74, has prostatitis and has trouble completing a urine stream. therefore he squeezes his penis to get all the urine out and it looks as though it is bruised. He only told me about it tonight but he noticed in 4 days ago. It was a lot darker then but he says it is more red and purple now. I told him it is probably just bruised from squeezing it so hard and shaking it so he won t get uring in his underwear. Am I correct in my diagnosis? He says it does not hurt, there is no pain. Just discoloration.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013